Sunday, February 22, 2009

So I'm a little "LOST"

Most days for me is like entering the code and pushing the button on LOST.

They are pretty much the same. Even the TIMES I do things are the same.
Wake up. Get breakfast for me and the kids. Get kids dressed. Take them to school or playdate. Lunch. Play, read, books, art projects, tv time. Make dinner. Eat dinner. Bathtime. Lay out whatever for the next day. Put kids to bed. Watch tv with husband. Go to bed.

Of course you have the laundry, errands, and house cleaning to do on top of all that. And all the other miscellaneous crap that goes with having a family and house.

Today is kind of the exception. Sundays are lazy days. There is nothing really to do. Today in particular was extremely mundane. At one point I said to Ryan, "I am so B-O-R-E-D!" Cause of course I had to spell it. Don't want my kids complaining of that on top of the plethora of other things. And he said to me, which totally surprised me, "me too!"

So we did what any good parent does.

Torture our kids.

We were on the island. I shit you not. I was the smoke monster that scared the pee out of my kids. It was awesome. I would hide, they would seek, and I would chase them. They would run screaming and laughing like idiots. Then run to Ryan, who was waiting with his hands over his man business, cause they would jump up on it like it was a moon walk.

Then we built a fort with blankets and pillows, and just explored. Not very creative, but what else are we gonna do on a cold dull Sunday? Arts and crafts? Cultural events? Phhheeeewwwww.....Right. Then what do I do during the week?

But now all has returned to normalcy. I am making dinner. And blogging.

4 8 15 16 23 42 enter.

1 comment:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Slow down and enjoy the sameness of each day---it will be over all too soon...... You will understand when your kids are on their own. Sorry, I know how I hated sage wisdom from my "elders". Not that I am all that old......