Sunday, February 1, 2009

Seriously?! I just aged like 5 years!

Over the past few months we have allowed the kids to watch cartoons during breakfast. Ryan has had a contract out in Minnetonka so he isn't here to eat breakfast with us M-F, so to keep the kids from whining about it, I have let them watch a cartoon while they eat.

Big....big.....big....HUGE mistake.

Miles gets SOOOOOOOOOOO distracted I have to threaten to turn the tv off. He will take a bite, let it sit in his mouth, and watch tv. Jesus!!! I have to say, "Miles you need to eat!" Then he proceeds to open his mouth to show me he has food in there. As if to say to me, "ha ha mom! Suck it. I have food in my mouth!"
I don't do well with this.

The other downfall to this tv/breakfast extravaganza is that it takes the kid freaking 45 min to an hour to eat 1 waffle. Or 1 bowl of cereal. He doesn't even attempt to eat his fruit until after I lose my shit and tell him to leave the table before I "FREAK OUT!"

But today.....topper!

Ryan and I were sitting at the table. No tv was on. We were having a lovely breakfast. Claire and Miles were eating. Kind of. Miles would take a bite, chew it, then look off into space. What the fuck? Seriously! Then the best part, and the part that almost made Ryan have a brain bleed.....with every bite Miles took, he would tell us he put food in his mouth. Oh Jesus save me now! Finally after him sitting there,, annoying the hell out us for 40 minutes we just told him he was done. And he said...."ok". The end.

I swear to God. I just sprouted like 10 more grey hairs. If you see me. The grey is breakfast related.

No comments: