Saturday, February 7, 2009

This guy I know has spare time and extra money. Lucky bastard!

So I have a friend. A guy I went to high school and college with. Super nice. Really funny, and interesting, and quirky and all that good stuff.

I have recently "reconnected" with him via facebook,(like everyone else I suppose), and stumbled across his blog.

He is in fact a really talented photographer, cook, self proclaimed food critic, and hater of squirrels. But the latter is something entirely different altogether. And to be honest pretty damn fascinating. He offs said pests, then seemingly poses them. Hi-frickin-larious by the way.

Anyway....in a recent post he talks about how he has time off, doesn't eat out enough, likes to photograph food, and wants to boost the restaurant business. So he has gone out pretty much every day for lunch and photographed the food he eats. The photos make me want to reach out and grab whatever is on my laptop screen. YUMMY! The stories he writes to describe his meal or his meal experience are really entertaining. I think he should start his own "restaurant critiques" blog, but that is me. Living vicariously, people.

Of course he goes to places that I would go to, sans kids. Miles would never ever ever eat the lamb burger at The Modern Cafe. I assure you there would be tears and they would politely ask me to leave. And I would. After asking them to pack it to go.

I don't know for sure why I am writing about it, but I had to. I am compelled to. I feel like a voyeur in his lucky lucky lucky damn life of eating wonderful food. I don't know if said friend realizes how fortunate he is to be able to eat lunch out everyday. And at places that don't have balloons tied to the backs of chairs or pee smelling playlands next to the dining area. I am pretty sure he will now.

So if you want to be a tiny bit jealous of a single guy in his 30's who loves food and actually gets to eat it at a pace that doesn't require breakneck speed....check it out.

http://kellyloverud.blogspot.com

Like I said.....very talented photographer and lucky bastard!

No comments: