Thursday, February 26, 2009

I was nervous

I canceled my occupational therapy today. I just didn't feel like driving in the snow with 2 kids.

With my luck I would spin out of control, careening into a guardrail, and need more then occupational therapy. Top that off with 2 kids yelling like stuck pigs.

No thanks.

So I canceled. I also found out there is a 100 dollar cancellation fee if you don't cancel within 24 hours. 100$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That seems like a lot to me. So I called with my tail between my legs, hoping against all hope it wouldn't apply to me. Cause let's face it, I can be convincing if I need to be. And I don't have an extra 100$ sitting around because of Mother Nature.

Wait...let me say before you judge, that I don't mind driving in the snow. I live in MN and have learned how to pump a break, give the person in front of me plenty of space, and turn into the spin. But I don't know if everyone else knows that, and I can't see across the street let alone around me on a highway.

So I was a little panicky. Well not panicky, but 'concerned' that I may have to just deal.

Thankfully I didn't have to pay the fee. The OT called me and said it almost never happens, but for some reason they go overkill in letting people know that possibility is looming. Well job well done. Scared the shit out of me.

Now if we can just convince our friend B.Skog to come over for dinner the day will be complete. Just kidding Brian. Don't drive here. It's nuts.

No comments: