Saturday, December 27, 2008

Are you friends with your spouse's ex?

Ok so I am just putting it out there. My best friend has been having a cyber relationship with her husband's ex girlfriend from high school. No biggie. I mean we are years from high school. But they just met each other for the first time this past weekend. Apparently all went swimmingly.

But I remember that my best friends' husband thinks it is weird that I am close friends with Ryan's ex. Her name is Heather. I love her. She is awesome. We have been friends for years now. We have even been on vacation together. Her husband is a friend of mine too. Our daughters are buddies. Why wouldn't I want to be friends with her? I mean it's like hanging out with me, but me, when I am in an awesome mood. Awesome! I kinda like myself so why not?

I think it is normal to be friends with your spouse's ex if you are not the jealous type. Or if you are the jealous type, this person dated your spouse so long ago it is almost comical.

I have found that Heather and I are a little TOO much a like. We are pretty similar on a lot of fronts. We like a lot of the same things and are annoyed at many of the same things. The only difference that is kinda funny is, we look nothing, I mean NOTHING a like. I am, as you know, a short Korean. And Heather is a tall blonde.

I guess Ryan likes the same kind of woman, just not in looks. That is cool. I can say with 100% certainty we are not like his mother AT ALL. So that old adage goes out the door.

But back to my friend. After reading her cyber girlfriends blog and seeing her photos, it is plain to me that my best friend's husband also likes the same type of woman. Sassy, beautiful, funny and, brunette. They even take the same damn self portraits with their cameras at arms length. Creepy coincidence? I think not.

I will say this....I will NEVER be friends with the "psycho" Ryan dated before me. Can we say boiling rabbits?

1 comment:

Jilly said...

You said swimmingly ... dork! Oh ... and I don't take photos at arms length anymore. I use photo booth ... DUH!