Monday, December 29, 2008

Family movie night. Leading the youth of America astray

Tonight was family movie night. And what did we select? Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

The first time I saw this movie was at my 6th grade boyfriend's house. He was having a birthday party and we watched this movie, I think ate Cheetos and all slow danced to good ol' Corey Hart on the sun porch. Ah nostalgia is washing over me.....hold on.....

Anyway back to 2008, I thought it would be a funny movie for the kids. Miles loves to watch people make asses out of themselves. And who better to do this for him then Paul Reubens? Better him then me. And I have to say I have provided much fodder for the kids to point and laugh at as of late.

I love this movie by the way. It is absolutely ridiculous. But in a very genius way. I mean....early Tim Burton and Danny Elfman. It reminded me of later John Waters too. Love it!

Miles laughed pretty much the entire time. Claire was very concerned he was "alone" looking for his bike that someone stole. Just cause she is 2 doesn't make her dumb.

The best part of it? Our neighbor, who is 24, came over tonight just to hang out and do nothing. He watched it with us. FOR THE FIRST TIME. Holy shit. That's right for the first time. He is definitely one I would have pegged to have enjoyed the monkey business later in life. But not this late in life. He loved it too.

I keep thinking maybe it wasn't the best movie for them to be watching. It was a bit quirky for them, but it certainly beat watching Willy Wonka AGAIN.

Maybe not now, but when my kids are adults they will remember their mom was awesome, and let them watch questionable movies at a very young age. And then, I will finally win the frickin' mother of the year. Until then I remain their indentured servant.

*I am trying to use less potty mouth. Is it working for ya?*

No comments: