Thursday, December 4, 2008

GAHHHH!!!

So last night was a rough one. Claire was up just about 2 hours after I fell asleep. Frick! Then of course per usual, Ryan left the room to "give us more room". He goes to sleep with Miles who is out cold and not tossing around.

Then it started.

"Mommy are you sleeping?"
"Mommy what are the boys doing?"
"Can I watch cartoons?"
"Look mommy there is a snake in your bed!"

(this got my attention and didn't warrant my usual "go back to sleep" answer)

"Mommy there are free (three) snakes in your bed. A green one a yellow one and a red and blue one"

"Silly me it is four snakes in your bed."

"Don't worry mommy they are tend (pretend) snakes. They not real."

Oh My Jesus! I tell you the conversation went on for hours. The girl did not fall back to sleep until around 4:30. She just talked to me all night whilst I tried to ignore the blathering. I must have said to her multiple times, "Claire if you don't go to sleep, mommy will be VERY crabby tomorrow!" She did not care. At some point I think she tried to sing me to sleep, but it was kind of a disturbing song about snakes and whatnot.

Finally while Ryan was getting up for work I was getting back to sleep. Then....Miles was up. At 6 am blowing his honkin' nose right next to his sister in my bed for God's sake. OH MY DAMN!

That is why I am blogging at 6:30 am when it is my day to sleep past 7. Look out people. It is going to be a rough one today.

2 comments:

Jilly said...

Was she sassy or sweet when she tried to sing you to sleep? I'm sorry ... it's really not funny but it made me laugh.

SJT said...

She used her growly voice when she said snake. Brutal. But it was sweet when she was singing the rest. Still annoyed the hell out of me.