Thursday, December 25, 2008

A good Christmas





Today was fun. The kids had a blast with Christmas this year. Santa gifts were a huge hit. I have to say that Miles almost lost his shit today when he opened a gift from MY cousin's family.

It was a box, full to the damn top with Star Wars action figures. I mean.....all the action figures a boy like Miles would want and more. My cousin is late 30's and has 3 kids. He was a huge, I mean HUGE ass fan of Star Wars, or SW as I call it. So he has collections that are amazing. Over the past year or so he has been whittling away his collection and pieces of that collection have been showing up in our mailbox once in a while. Nice! More SW shit. But look at Miles' face! How can I begrudge it? He looks fucking deranged! I could have sworn I saw him go into shock. And he told me what was a collectors item and what wasn't.

Strangely enough ALL packages were opened. Goodbye mint condition! There were some that were from the late 80's and stuff...so whatever. I have no idea about that stuff. Ryan said he always feels weird opening the boxes cause he knows my cousin collected for so long....but he knew what he was doing when he gave them to our kid. Blah blah blah.....

Claire loved her gum ball machine. You can kinda see it. She was rocking back and forth so fast I could only capture the blur of her smile and glee. But she had a mouth full of gumballs within 5 minutes and her fingers and lips were all shades of blue, green and a weird yellow.

Then the obligatory "kids in front of the tree with their good clothes on" photo. At least Miles has his hand in his pocket. He has been into "making sure it's still there". Hilarious at least he is multi-tasking by choking his sister at the same time. I know I know...insert joke here. Merry Christmas!

No comments: