Saturday, December 6, 2008

High kicks and sore asses

Our god daughter had her first dance recital today. She is 8. I loved it! So did Ryan. *serious sarcasm here* The best part was seeing my little god daughter who used to be painfully shy, kick ass in her high kick line. She was a rock star. The song was...."we rock" or something like that.

She was so damn cute I got a little teary. To stave off the pouring eyes and red face, which incidentally happens to all Asians in very flattering fluorescent light, I had to avert my eyes to the less then slim girls who were NOT kicking ass. It helped a little, but then I realized my ass hurt. 2 hours sitting in the White Bear Lake Senior High gym on bleachers sucks.

I certainly don't have the ass of a 16 year old anymore. But that is neither here nor there. It basically sucked sitting here. 2 kids who didn't really want to sit still and a husband who was appalled the TEACHERS did their own dancing. Solo. Was enough to make anyone uncomfortable.

I do have to say....no matter how torturous it was, I will go in a heart beat to see my god daughter dance her little legs off again. I just love her.

2 comments:

Jilly said...

Do you think Layla got her high kicking ability from me ... or Nick?

SJT said...

Must be both. It was pretty high.