Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Retrospective of 2008

I am watching the Today show and they are re capping the last year on their show. Of course they all look like they are having a wonderful time at work. Fun fun fun. Fun for all who make millions of dollars a year. I assume they are pissed off pretty much most days that they have to wake up for work at like 2am.

So thinking back on my year, I did quite a few new things. Mostly techie stuff. I did the blogging thing. I think it is ok. I finally went and got my own facebook page. Yuck. Another addiction to try to break. Like smoking wasn't hard enough. I started writing a book then chucked it. It just wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be.

The kids grew bigger and sassier. Lucky me. Claire has started talking NON stop this year. And Miles has found he loves video games. But will offset it by building villages with plain old blocks.

Ryan has been working a lot. He started the year traveling like a fool. Gone for 3-4 weeks every month until about June. Then no traveling. Awesome. I was no longer a single stay at home mom. Just in time too. I was about to be institutionalized. And now he has had about 3 weeks off for vacation. I love it, but there is such a thing as too much togetherness. I think the kids are going to have a rough one when he goes back to work. Fun again for all.

Family and friends have been well. My mother was sick, and if you read this blog, you know I was less then happy about the whole situation. But she is back doing the same old shit that got her there in the first place. Get ready for me to be pissed off once again at some point. Cause it's gonna happen.

I have made some new friends this year NOT via facebook. These would be true in person friends, I have had to cultivate relationships with. They are awesome. I love meeting new people who don't annoy me and who I enjoy spending time with.

Also it has been baby rama around me this year. WTF? Something in the water to make my friends 'do it' all the damn time.

All in all a good year. I don't have any resolutions because I don't have any vices anymore. Sad. I miss vices. And not the squeezy kind. Maybe I will try to be less sassy? Nah. Less critical? Nah. More open to new experiences? Hell no. I will just plan on being the same for the next year and see where it gets me.

Happy New Year. Peace.

No comments: