Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh the sass

Today I was at Jill's. She was telling me about the things her 13 year old says to her when he is crabby/sassy. I swear it sounds like my 2 year old.

The "I don't want to's" flow freely at these ages. I really DO feel bad for Ryan. He is going to have the hardest time with all the sass. For me, I was the queen of drama and I have a sharp tongue when it comes to being rude. So I can relate to my daughter. But Ryan.....not so much.

I guess only time will tell. My BFF says her mom used to ask why there wasn't a thing called "puberty island". This of course being said when she was a teenager. And....I guess I get it. I wonder if there is a toddler island. I keep telling Jill that once my kids hit puberty, they are going to our own personal "puberty island". Being their house. I mean at that point they would have already gone through it. Twice. What is two more? They will be pros.

Thanks Dian's in advance. Claire will be SO SO FUN!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jilly said...

By the time your kids start acting like real asses Layla will be driving ... make her take 'em!!

Unknown said...

Too bad we will suddenly and mysteriously disappear for several years immediately after Layla leaves for college.

SJT said...

rude