Sunday, December 21, 2008

A very Dian Christmas

Last night we had our best friends over to celebrate Christmas. We do it every year. The Saturday before Christmas we get together, eat a big fat meal, open gifts to each other and bake cookies. This year we were without Gage. He sometimes makes it, sometimes doesn't. All depends on if he is here or with his dad.

This year I wasn't sure what to get the kids. I mean...their frickin' parents got them EVERYTHING they asked for. Even the little stuff. It makes for difficult shopping. And as Layla's godparents we like to give a gift that is great or memorable.

So this year......I gave the kids ornaments. They were little blue mittens with a picture space in the middle. In the middle, I put cash. Pretty lame, but it worked out. Layla was more then appreciative for the ornament. That was even before she saw the money. Her parents raised her right. Although I saw the shiny glimmer of Christmas joy fade. She still said..."Thanks! I love it". Then we asked her who the photo was. She told us she didn't know but it would be WAY cuter if there was a photo of her in it. Ha ha. The vanity of an 8 year old. I love it.

My kids got a crazy ton of art materials from their godparents and the sad sad addiction of Webkinz. Miles loves it. He has spent all his money already. I AM NOT GETTING MORE!

We baked cookies and then sent our best friends and god daughter off into the wild blue yonder. Really....we kicked them out into the blizzard. But they made it home ok and they had their driveway plowed out. Nice.

We love the Dian's!

1 comment:

Jilly said...

We love you too ... dork! We didn't get them EVERYTHING! Just the really good stuff ;)